Fast forward 8 years later, the dream of turning the KNOW FEAR, KNOW FREEDOM project into a documentary has eluded me. Partly because of my fear of mediocrity (ironic?). Partly because it costs a lot of money to purchase rights to Hollywood B Roll (movie clips)…and my camera was stolen. And, partly because I have a habit of taking on too many personal creative projects that create distraction.
For 8 years, I have been agonizing over this “failure” to deliver this documentary! Spoiler Alert: I’m done with torturing myself.
I realize now, it is not a failure. It has been a journey I had to take. A trip that is finished and a dream that was realized in my different ways than I originally intended. During this journey, I learned much about myself, acquired many skills, and pushed myself beyond my outdated boundaries.
WHAT I LEARNED & ACCOMPLISHED
- I acquired video and editing skills that I transferred to creating educational video content for this resume writing website.
- I gained the courage to direct and produce a psychological thriller I wrote several years earlier called IN HER BLOOD. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS MOVIE.
- IN HER BLOOD helped several talented media college interns finish their degree. A few of them have jobs in the media industry. We can all say we did it! We made a real movie…and they can’t take that away!
- When IN HER BLOOD wasn’t picked up and received a few bad reviews on Amazon Prime (there were good ones too), I discovered I wouldn’t die from public embarrassment.
- I didn’t waste anyone’s time. The interviewees shared their wisdom, and lives were changed for all involved, including the lives of my clients when I share what I have learned to encourage during times of transition and career change.
- Seeking to understand fear, and how to move forward in-spite of fear, gave me the courage to step away from a two decade career and build a successful business, enabling me to contribute to improving the lives of my clients.
- Last, but not least, I learned how I can use projects to distract me from my true dreams and determinations, and how I incorrectly believe somethings are possible…and some are not.
No, the KNOW FEAR, KNOW FREEDOM project isn’t a failure. It is a total success! I had a vision of what I thought it should look like. I was wrong, and I am thrilled to be wrong. I am also thrilled to finally know when to call something done.
Thank you India. Thank you terror. Thank you disillusionment. Thank you frailty. Thank you consequence. Thank you thank you, Silence.
The moment I let go of it was the moment I got more than I could handle. The moment I jumped off of it was the moment I touched down.
– Alanis Morissette, partial lyrics from THANK U
Today, January 1, 2020, I lay this project to rest. All the interviews, in different shapes, sizes and appearance (complete and incomplete), are on Vimeo. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
The featured speakers are:
- Gregg Levoy, best selling author of CALLINGS and VITAL SIGNS
- Kris King, Founder of Wings Seminars
- Stephen Victor, transformational coach and Hellinger Constellation facilitator
- Ruth L. Miller, PhD, synthesist of all things relevant to consciousness, human potential, and culture
- Dean Van Leuven, www.deanofpeace.com
- Lee Glickstein, Found of Speaking Circles International
- Ginny Luedeman, CSB
- Introduction music provided by Alex Cook
This is Heather Ann McBride signing off this project and wishing everyone a Happy New Year, World!